Wednesday, August 11, 2004

This just in:

Most people don't like having to think. When you ask them to, they will become confused.
"A parking meter is simple and self-explanatory," she said. "You just put money in and figure out how much time you are getting.

"This is a bad idea, this kind of payment method, especially placing the sticker on the inside of the side window. Who the heck would assume that? I speak English and I read English and I had a hard time figuring this out. Imagine how frustrating it would be for someone who can't."
Uh-huh. I don't think it's a problem with speaking or not speaking English, but rather with thinking, or not thinking.
So she jaywalked to feed money into the pay station across the street. Hunched over and squinting to read the instructions, she stood there for a good minute, baffled.

"I'm in a hurry for a meeting and I cannot figure this out!" she said. "The instructions are not clear!"

Carter was trying to determine where to insert her dollar bills. But the machines don't take paper money.
Well, I think these people speak for themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home