Thursday, September 09, 2004

Ask Skor: Overbearing Mother?


Dear Skor,

I am 35 years old, and haven't lived at home for over 15 years, but my mother still tries to take care of me as if I am still a child. Whenever she comes over, she tries to do my laundry, check my finances, and arrange play dates with my friends. It's suffocating! How can I ask my mother to give me some freedom, but keep from hurting her feelings?

Billy
Denver, CO
Hi Billy,

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you are one big, fat momma's boy. Yikes. There is pretty much no hope for you. At all. But, since I'm a sporting type, I'll offer you a few suggestions to choose from that will solve your problem, if you can find the guts to go through with them. 1 - Profess your undying love for her, and plant a big wet one right on her lips. That solution solves just about any interpersonal problem, trust me. 2 - Change your locks, and pretend not to be home when she comes over. 3 - Make a bunch of whiney posts about it in your blog. Well, that third one won't solve your problem, but I hear it makes people feel better about their own massive character flaws. In any case, I know you can't bring yourself to do any of those, so how about I offer a more realistic suggestion? Just let her take control of your life. It's way easier than putting up a fight. Just get used to it, momma's boy.

Glad to be of service,

Skor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home