Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Seattle: The Handicapped City

I wish I were making this up, but I'm not. According to the Seattle Times, "roughly 30 percent of the cars parked at downtown meters displayed disabled-parking placards." Thirty percent?!? Wow. Of course as you may suspect, of those cars; "three-quarters were abusing the privilege." So the Seattle police are going to crack down on all these handicapped posers. I have a better idea. How about instead of fining them for unauthorized use of the handicapped permit, we just handicap them so that the permit is valid?

Here's my favorite one:
But the 32-year-old woman isn't disabled and the placard didn't belong to her, according to a police report. She told Seattle police it was her grandmother's. But police found out the placard belonged to a dead person. They wrote the woman a $294 ticket.
Hah. I hope even more people get what's coming to them, one way or another.

1 Comments:

Blogger millty said...

I completely agree. As a matter of fact, I'm not doing anything today at lunch. Maybe I'll go handicap some people.

12:48 PM, October 05, 2004  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home