Thursday, November 11, 2004

Boycott EA Games

Okay, this is a serious post for once. Read this story from the spouse of an employee of Electronic Arts. Here is an excerpt:
The current mandatory hours are 9am to 10pm -- seven days a week -- with the occasional Saturday evening off for good behavior (at 6:30pm). This averages out to an eighty-five hour work week. Complaints that these once more extended hours combined with the team's existing fatigue would result in a greater number of mistakes made and an even greater amount of wasted energy were ignored.
Two thoughts:
  • EA employees (and software engineers in general) should unionize, and go on strike until unethical work practices like this are not the norm in the software industry.
  • We, the consumers, should not buy any EA products until they stop treating their employees like garbage.
That means no Madden, no Sims, and no Need for Speed. If you see these guys' logo on a game, DON'T BUY IT.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm entirely behind you. I won't purchase another EA game until this situation is resolved. We gamers should stand together with the engineers, artists, and programmers who bring us the games and against those who are taking advantage of their talents.

- Regulus

2:09 PM, March 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm entirely behind you. I won't purchase another EA game until this situation is resolved. We gamers should stand together with the engineers, artists, and programmers who bring us the games and against those who are taking advantage of their talents.

- Regulus

2:09 PM, March 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree. I am a recent graduate in the MIS field so I know the hell these employees must be going through. Also, I am a person who absolutely loves football and I play Madden constantly. Now, until this issue is resolved correctly, I will not purchase another Madden game. I hope EA has the guts an decency to step up and do what's right, but from what I have heard, they probably will not. So when it comes to the effects of the lawsuit, they will absolutely get what's coming to them.

- Joe

9:41 AM, May 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you entirely. I don't buy anything EA. They not only mistreat employee's, but also customers. They close accounts on POGO and accuse customers of running autos for no reason. Then tell you they don't know when or where you used them. I think customers need to get together and file a class action law suit like the employees did. To me that is slander when you accuse someone of cheating , but can't even tell them where or when. Then they keep your money you paid for the year. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO INNICENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY. I THINK EA NEEDS TO BE REMINDED THROUGH A CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE. Their problem is they are so big and think they can traet people like dirt and get away with it.

4:37 PM, June 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about pirated copies?

4:33 AM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Cavtrooper said...

I'm with ya'. Have been constantly getting kicked outta POGO and they say its my ISP's fault. Well, called the ISP and they said if I still have an internet connection after being booted, its POGO's fault. Makes sense to me, you can't even contact them. They tell you to send an email.After writing one explaining the problem, you go to send it, you get booted again. They're fukk of s__t!

1:34 PM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home