Monday, December 20, 2004

Follow-Up: Christmas & Airplanes

Having recently given my thoughts regarding airplanes and Christmas, I found two stories today to be of particular interest, and worth sharing with you. It's good to share, after all. Well, it's good to share some things anyway. It's not good to share wives, for instance. Or disease. Not that I'm trying to draw any sort of correlation between those two things, mind you.

Wait, where was I... Oh yes, Christmas and airplanes. As far as Christmas traditions go, I think that this guy, while actually participating in a meaningful tradition (displaying a nativity), he seems to have slightly missed the point... I'm not really thinking that Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus in the back of a pickup truck really is the best way to get across the message of Christmas. Maybe it's just me, though.

Secondly, while I found it amusing and disturbing how easily threatening objects like fake bombs are able to get through our airport security checks, I just don't know what to say about the apparent naked threat. Yes, a naked man locked in a bathroom is now enough to draw an emergency landing. A naked guy. Locked in a bathroom. Um, okay. Sounds pretty dangerous to me.

Source: Lafayette, Indiana Journal & Courier & USA Today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home