Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Alderwood Mall Lifestyle Center

Did you know that the greater Seattle area has it's very own "Lifestyle Center"? It's true! Just north of Seattle, in the quaint, forested village suburb of Lynnwood, lies Alderwood. I could tell you all about how great they are, but how about I let them tell you in their own words:
Alderwood is a 1.4 million square foot lifestyle center. Spend the day shopping, eating and dining at nearly 200 stores and restaurants.
...
Come to Alderwood to shop, eat and enjoy life!
Yes, that's right. A lifestyle center. Where there is nearly no end to your choices of where to shop, eat, and generally consume. Because consumption is what the American lifestyle is all about. So come on down (er--up?) to Alderwood and consume! Because you're a Good American Consumer™, and you want to do what's best for America.

Another amusing tidbit about our local lifestyle center is their phone message. Call them up sometime after hours at (425) 771-1211. The first thing you'll hear is:
Thank you for calling Alderwood. If this is an emergency, hang up and dial 911.
I guess they must have a lot of people who call the lifestyle center when they have an emergency. Of course, they didn't say what kind of emergency I should call 911 with. What if I have a fashion emergency? Wouldn't my lifestyle center be better equipped to help me with that than the emergency response teams at 911? What an unfortunate quandary. Perhaps I should call the helpful lifestyle representatives during regular lifestyle hours and ask them about this.
Categories: News, Local, Personal

6 Comments:

Blogger Mayme Marie said...

Hello, i hope your keeping warm whereever you are right now. Im Mayme Pace, a student at Columbia College Chicago an di was interested in how you come up with the ideas for your blogs? We were assigned to create bloggs for our class and we have to contact someone else who has an interesting blog. I can across yours and read a little and found your writing to be full of personality. I was just wondering if you could soon answer me back and let me know where you come up with your blogg ideas and what let you to start blogging. Thank you for your writings, please write back if you can find the time.
STay warm!
From,
Mayme Pace
you can write me back at Mayme.Pace@myoasis.colum.edu

7:03 AM, January 06, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

...What follows is a copy of my email reply to Mayme...

Hi Mayme,

Thanks for your comment and question! I'd be happy to address that. I come up with the ideas for my blog generally as things that I talk about with other people, or just random things that pop into my head that seem silly. Examples of posts that I came up with in this way are:

- Cheap Laughs- Just to clear things up- Your Boring Real Life- This is What Blogs are ForAnother way I come up with ideas is just to scan the day's headlines looking for stories that I can take an amusing angle on. For example:

- Cars, Cars, Cars!!!- My New Citizens Group (MNCG)- THE WEATHER!!!As far as what started me blogging, I guess it was just the easy availability of blogging, along with the fact that amusing ideas pop into my head all the time, and I like having a place to put them into words.

If you have any other questions, of if any of my responses aren't complete enough for you, feel free to mail me back. Thanks again for the questions.

Yours Truly,
Skor Grimm

8:39 AM, January 06, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

Grr. Line breaks in comments are still screwed up. I wish Blogger would fix that, but considering it's a free service, I guess I'm getting what I pay for...

8:40 AM, January 06, 2005  
Blogger Brendan said...

line breaks - put a space at the end of the line before hitting a carriage return.

bv

9:41 AM, January 08, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

line breaks - put a space at the end of the line before hitting a carriage return.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I'll try that in this post.

- this is a list
- of two items

So, time to hit "publish" and see if it worked!

10:21 AM, January 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course! General consumption at a lifestyle center. Let's see. It woulnd't just include the consumption of food and merchandise of the now more than 200 businesses including kiosks, No!

But well. it is a lifestyle center, and as many different kind of lifestyles there are out there, You can find it right here at alderwood.

Check out the restrooms in the food court and peruse the grafitti and vandalism, not to mention of course, the underground lifestyles of the parking garages. Sex and the use of narcotics and controlled substances on a regular basis.

Now, as to the 911 message on the phone. If you listen further, it will also instruct you that if you want to get a hold of Security, you dial 20#. If a tenant of the mall is having some kind of need to where they could be assisted by 911. They do occasionally call Security first.

1:09 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home