Thursday, January 06, 2005

THE WEATHER!!!

In case you haven't yet heard, our area and yea, most of the country, is all set to be UTTERLY DECIMATED BY KILLER STORMS! I know it's true because the Seattle Times told me so. Let's take a look at some of the language used in this week's doom-and-gloom article:
  • "once-in-a-generation onslaught"
  • "gloomy computer models"
  • "Flooding, avalanches and mudslides are possible."
  • "frigid air and potentially heavy snow and ice"
  • "heavy river flooding and springlike tornadoes"
  • "something wicked was coming this way"
  • "flooding and frigid weather"
  • "pretty potent"
  • "heavy Western rains could cause avalanches"
  • "wintry blast"
  • "extended freeze"
  • "three nasty storm systems"
  • "severe ice storms and flooding"
Whew! If that's not an article that's designed to scare, I don't know what is. Of course, there's always the possibility that there really is something to be scared about. I watched The Day After Tomorrow, I know better than to ignore the dire predictions of wacky-sounding--but wise--climatologists. You do what you want, but I'm going to stock up on wood and stay inside for the next 48 hours. Hopefully my internet connection stays up.

Source: Seattle Times
Categories: News, Local

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home