Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Follow-Up: THE WEATHER!!!

In early January this blog reported on the impending doom that was sure to be brought to us all by the looming deathly forces of nature and the trifectia of storms that were certain to bring down their wrath on all the hapless citizens of our country. Now, nearly a month later, it is a good time to look back and reflect. Oh, and whine. There needs to be some whining.

I have to say that I was quite disappointed with the way things turned out up here in the good'ol Northwest. We didn't get any "extended freeze," we didn't get any "heavy snow and ice," and we definitely didn't get "heavy river flooding and springlike tornadoes." What a disappointment. What did we get? About a week of 30ish temperatures, with two or three dustings of half an inch of snow. Wow. There's a headline.

Not only was the supposed "wintry blast" the biggest weather let-down since... um... the last time a 10% chance of snow grabbed all the headlines, but since the second week of January it seems that whoever is in control of the local climate control knob basically decided to skip the rest of winter and jump right into late spring. As I look outside right now, we've got blue skies and a 50°F temperature. That's all find and dandy, but winter is my favorite season! I feel cheated. If I want clear skies and mildly warm temperatures, I will move to Arizona.

Punxsutawney PhilI would like to know who is at fault for this. Perhaps it's Global Warming. I hear it's pretty fashionable to blame this kind of thing on that mysterious foe. Or maybe it's some butterfly in Africa or something. I suppose it could be El Niño, or his sister La Niña, or his drunken neighbor Basura Blanca... Whoever or whatever the cause, I want my winter back. I suppose now my only hope lies with Punxsutawney Phil. Let's hear it for shadows!
Categories: News

1 Comments:

Blogger DaButtminster said...

I just realized that the article on Basura Blanca didn't mention some of the adverse effects it has on many people: severe preoccupation with "professional wrestling", monster-truck rallies, and basically anything else that is ever hosted at the Tacoma Dome.

7:58 AM, February 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home