Monday, February 28, 2005

I'm taking the day off.

This morning's timeline:
5:30 AM
Alarm goes off.
Brain says: Time to get up, gotta get to work, lots to do today!
Body says: Shut the heck up, you idiot. We're going back to sleep.
Body hits snooze.

6:00 AM
Alarm goes off.
Brain says: All right, we had an extra half hour of sleep, now we had better get up!
Body says: Whuuh...huh? Hey, didn't I tell you to shut up? Screw you, we're going back to sleep!
Body hits snooze.

6:30 AM
Alarm goes off.
Brain says: Whoa, hey! Look, it's the point of no return. If we don't get up now, there's no way we can make it to work on time.
Body says: Gnuhhhgh.
Body hits snooze.

7:00 AM
Alarm goes off.
Brain says: Great. Now look what you've done. We're supposed to be in the car, driving to work right now.
Body says: Shut up about work already! I want more stinking sleep.
Body turns off alarm, sends email to work calling in a sick day.

10:30 AM
Body gets up.
Anyway, I'm taking the day off. I'll probably post the Project CRAP report tonight, but I won't have the weight until tomorrow, since I use the super-precise scales at work to get my measurements.
Categories: Personal

1 Comments:

Blogger LotharBot said...

Sounds like me on Sunday... after sitting through 9 hours of math talks on Saturday. Yay for conferences!

2:59 PM, February 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home