Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Political: Role-Playing

Let's role-play for a little while, shall we?

Let's say I'm some guy. I've got some polick-tikal views, see. I like my views. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I like warm fuzzies. But sometimes people come along and dash my warm fuzzies against the cold hard rocks! Those jerks! I try to respond calmly and rationally, but when they don't agree with my "logic" I don't know what to do. So I start calling them names, and it brings back the warm fuzzies.

Like, one time there was this guy who kept on filing initiatives that clashed with my polick-tikal views. That really bugged me, but I couldn't stop him! So I decided that the best way to deal with the problem would be to file my own initiative to have him officially labeled as a horses rear end! Isn't that clever? My initiative got thrown out by a judge, but it still brought me the warm fuzzies, and that's what is important.

After the jerkface judge threw out my initiative, I decided to start a blog. I named it after my initiative so that people would remember that I was the one who filed such a clever initiative. I'm so clever. On my blog I like to post about my polick-tikal views. Lately though, I've encountered a problem. There's this other, more popular blog that has a bunch of people who post mean nasty stuff, and they're always disagreeing with my views, dashing my warm fuzzies! Those people really make me mad sometimes. Their leader especially gets to me. I wish I could just shut him up once and for all, but he just keeps spreading his stupid views on his blog.

Since I can't seem to stop them from posting their opinions, just like I couldn't stop that other guy from filing his initiatives, I've taken the logical next step. I'm calling them names. Man, that makes me feel better. I'm so clever. And cool. And mature. Definitely quite mature.

People who disagree with me had better watch out. If you don't back down, I'll call you names.
Categories: Local, Personal, Politics, Internet

6 Comments:

Blogger FireWolf said...

LMAO!

11:42 PM, February 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Finally a good analysis of David Goldstein's inadequacy psychosis.

The infamous "Pri_k" post was completely over the top. It's pretty obvious that more than anything else, Mr. Goldstein is jealous of the attention and success that Stefan's blog and ideas are bringing to Stefan.

Mr. Goldstein is a talented writer, too bad he bogs down constantly in to whining and profanity laced temper tantrums. He'd do a lot better to emulate Stefan by finding more like minded liberal bloggers and putting together an organized, rational, multi blogger site like Sound Polititcs. But his inflated self importance consumes him such that he'll never allow his blog to be more than his own personal whining display.

Jeff B.

10:50 AM, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Brian said...

The worst thing about Goldy's post is how disngenuously he twisted Stefan's post...

He didn't call her dumb for talking about her dad, he was very specific to the idea that "11,000 dead voters will be disenfranchised." That's dumb. But to Goldy of course, the mere mention of a recent passing should mean absolutely no denigration allowed. And that's bull.

2:55 PM, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Josef said...

Yeah, well this is a good post here.

But I feel Goldy's pain - I just think he tries too much to emulate some of the more explosive radio talk show hosts...

3:00 PM, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Iguana said...

he he ... Horsie butt likes to pay taxes. Or, let's put it another way - Horsie butt likes for others to pay taxes, because he clearly doesn't make enough money to pay his own.

11:18 PM, February 05, 2005  
Blogger Wil Henderson said...

Well said.

I love dialogue- I even enjoy a spirited debate. But I have no empathy for any person who thinks that calling his opponent vile names qualifies as intelligent discussion.

Eternal hell for Goldy would be having to compose complete sentences void of expletives.

Wil (aka ERNurse)

9:00 PM, February 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home