Tuesday, March 08, 2005

(Hopefully) Funny Advertising

Congratulations!

Your Google AdSense application has been approved.
Thus begins my slavery to the mighty Google juggernaut. Or, maybe there will just be a few text ads over on the right side of the page. Why am I doing this, you ask? Well, here's the thing about Google ads. They look through the content of the page that they're on, and then try to display "relevant" advertisements. Can you picture what kind of advertisements could possibly be relevant to the kind of malarkey I spew on here? So you see, I'm hoping that the ads over there will actually turn out to be somewhat amusing.

I definitely don't think I'll be making much (if any) money off of this. I mean, why would any of you bother to click the (hopefully) amusing advertisements? Just to make me a buck or two? Hah! It's not that I couldn't make money off of it if I wanted to, though. For instance, I could do what this guy did, and make a blog to talk about nothing but asbestos and mesothelioma all day long, just to get the super-high-paying ads displayed. But fear not, this blog is not for sale to asbestos and mesothelioma advertisements. You will never hear me go on and on about asbestos and mesothelioma, just to make a buck. Frankly, I couldn't care less about asbestos and mesothelioma.

So don't worry. Just because there are ads over there --> doesn't mean anything at all is going to change. I'll never mention asbestos and mesothelioma again. Unless there's something somehow funny about asbestos and mesothelioma. Then I might mention asbestos and mesothelioma.

Update: Alert readers may notice a distinct lack of the above-mentioned text ads, on the right side of the page, or even anywhere at all on this blog. Please refer to the follow-up post for more information on this matter.


Categories: Personal, Capitalism, Internet

2 Comments:

Blogger LotharBot said...

From the main page, I saw ads for T-shirts and ringtones. When I clicked this post, I got ads for pro-Kerry and anti-Kerry bumper stickers.

Still no ads about asbestos or mesothelioma, though...

5:10 PM, March 08, 2005  
Blogger DaButtminster said...

All I get on your main page is silly "public service" announcements. Bah! Other pages loaded ads. I clicked them compulsively. Enjoy life as a rich man, but remember who got you there!

8:00 AM, March 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home