Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Political: Things I've Learned This Week

I have been quite enlightened this week by two incredibly intelligent politicians, and I thought it would be good to share my new-found knowledge with my readers here. The first amazing bit of information that I discovered came from the Washington State Democrats' Party Chair, Paul Berendt:
Is Rove the top Illuminati?Karl Rove is trying to steal the Governor's election in our state like he and the Republican Party did in California two years ago!
...
Observers have noted that in other state elections where Rove lost by a slim vote, he has overseen a campaign much like the one unfolding here.
Wow. Just as I suspected, Karl Rove is pulling all the strings, everywhere that the Republican Party does anything! It has to be true, because Paul Berendt said: "I'm not a conspiracy theorist. This is real."

The other juicy tidbit I discovered this week came from none other than Teresa Heinz Kerry. Teresa came to Seattle a few days ago, and spent some time talking about optical scanning voting machines. She said that "Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States," and that these brothers are "hard-right" Republicans. So, it's safe to assume that every one of these voting machines is rigged by their owners to give an unfair advantage to the Republican candidates. This explains why George Bush and Dino Rossi did so astoundingly well here in King County, where all poll places use optical scan machines from the ever-evil Diebold.

Teresa went on to explain that it is "very easy to hack into the mother machines." This is very interesting information. I was under the (obviously) mistaken impression that the machines were all actually independent, and the total results are tallied by humans entering in individual machine counts into a computer. Silly me. I'm not sure why someone would want to hack into these "mother machines" though, since they come pre-programmed to give the advantage to the Republicans, but I guess its just in case the makers forget or something.

Thanks to Mr. Berendt and Mrs. Heinz Kerry, I am starting to understand the true nature of politics here in America today. It's a scary world out there.

I wish I were making this up. Really I do.

Source: Seattle Times, Seattle P-I
Categories: News, Local, Politics

1 Comments:

Anonymous bmvaughn said...

Skor, you've done it again. Great post.

10:17 PM, March 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home