Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Worrisome Visitor

I was just checking my logs to see how many people have dropped by to look at my website when I stumbled upon this entry:
eliminate your enemies?
click to view full stats
Am I the only one here who finds it at least a little disturbing that someone in Romania stumbled upon my website while doing a Google search for "How to eliminate your enemies"? Considering the recent example set by political activists in neighboring Ukraine, I find it rather disconcerting. I think someone should alert the Romanian authorities. Unless of course the IP address 193.230.156.9 belongs to the authorities. It does say the visitor was located in Bucharest, the Romanian Capital. In which case, maybe I should alert the CIA.

Then again, maybe they were just looking for the Ask Men article about ruining your foe's reputation that comes up as the #1 result on their search. No, probably not. I think I'll forward this to the CIA just in case.
Categories: Personal, Internet

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't speak Romanian (or work for the CIA, sadly), but it appears the IP address is owned by the authorities. The railroad company, actually.

I can only imagine the sort of horrors they have must in store for their enemies. Maybe it's even Dracula himself.

Or perhaps some secret government is using an open proxy on their servers, just to maintain the *appearance* of innocence. Really, who would suspect a railroad? The genius of it all!

I'm surprised more news outlets aren't onto this.

2:20 AM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Ariel said...

Recognition like this ought to be savored like the fullest. Enjoy these pleasantly ironic moments. At least in my experience, they're rare.

7:20 AM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Iguana said...

I think this is somehow related to the red laser thing in the bathroom.

10:05 AM, March 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home