Friday, April 15, 2005

Advice Requested

Okay, here's the thing. I need a little bit of advice. I could "Ask Skor" but that would just lead to another one of those embarrassing conversations with myself in public. So I figured I may as well ask the teeming masses that read this blog (translation: all six of you). So without further space-wasting rambling, I present to you my request for advice.

click me... or else!On second thought, I think I'm going to waste a little more space to give you some background. I went to a concert last night, the featured band just so happened to be one of the coolest bands of all time. Sadly though, the band members are growing apart (as in, the keyboardist is moving to Portland), so this was their last show ever. At the concert, I was bequeathed with a free sticker, which is in fact the thing about which I seek your advice.

Where should I put the sticker? I could put it on my car, but who knows how long I'll have my car, and I would hate to lose the sticker when I sell the car or mercilessly hurl it into the next jerk that cuts me off on the freeway. I could put it on my computer or the monitor, but technology is so fleeting that I'll probably replace the PC in less than three years. I really want my sticker to be around longer than these ephemeral things. So where can I put my sticker to make sure I'll get to see it often enough and for a long time to come?

It's a really important decision, and I really don't want to make the wrong choice. My sticker is important to me. Your advice is appreciated.
Categories: Personal

9 Comments:

Blogger DaButtminster said...

You could:

1) Frame it and hang it on your wall, carrying it with you when you move

2) Have a tattoo parlor copy it onto some part of your body

3) Have a specialty contacts shop copy the design as a semi-transparent layer over your field of vision so you see it whereever you go

4) (My recommendation) All of the above

Good luck on your mission

9:53 AM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Ariel said...

I always carefully afix my stickers, band, political, product, and otherwise, to the cover of my latest notebook. I see it often that way, and others can also enjoy my enviable coolness. The downside is that all notebooks inevitable get used up and become reference items. At least I know where the stickers are though.

10:40 AM, April 15, 2005  
Anonymous Joshua said...

Guitar Case

Don't play? Learn.

10:48 AM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger LotharBot said...

When you do figure out what to do, tell me. I have a really cool "Give blood - get cookies" sticker from the Puget Sound Blood Center that I want to put somewhere, but I don't know where.

11:20 AM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

I put mine on my toolbox. Cars and computers are fleeting, but a toolbox is forever.

4:31 PM, April 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tape it to the inside of your car on the back window, thats what I do with my bumper stickers without ruining them.

9:38 PM, April 15, 2005  
Anonymous MissMeliss said...

I offer alternative locations, but second the recommendation to use tape, instead of peeling the backing off:

- top of mirror
- closet door
- inside of car's sun visor

8:31 AM, April 16, 2005  
Blogger Iguana said...

Put it in a high resolution scanner and make a high quality copy. Send that copy to a place that produces bumper stickers. Have several thousand made.

Then, give most of them away to all of your friends for free. Hand them out on the street. Take some liberties and put them on the bumpers of everyone in your neighborhood late at night.

Finally, follow all the previous advice.

The end result should be that you will be seeing that bumber sticker for a long, long time. (Maybe in your prison cell too).

2:09 PM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger dufflehead said...

dude,
put it on your chest, of course!

9:28 PM, April 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home