Friday, April 01, 2005

I Quit

burning my bridgesApril 1, 2005
Seattle, WA — I have seen the light. What a horrible, horrible person I have been. When I created this blog, I set out to make a haven for whatever random thoughts spewed out from my mind; a place where the little musings that make me smile might possibly also brighten other people's lives, if even only a little. Little did I know that my particular brand of dark, sarcastic humor would serve not as a fluffy white cloud of gaiety, but as a terrible thundercloud of discomfort.

In the beginning things were going fine, but then some people started to get upset with me. At first I thought to myself: "Self, some people just don't jive with your brand of humor. But don't worry, if people like that come here, they will just leave." But they didn't leave. They kept coming back. Even when I explained exactly what this blog is for, they still didn't get it. See, the first item on my list was hatred, then the second item was sarcasm, followed by laughter... get it? Dark, sarcastic humor.

But now I have come to realize that dark, sarcastic humor is the pure essence of EVIL. How wrong I have been. If only I had known, I could have helped to make the world a better place; spreading butterflies, daisies, peace, and love to everyone. Well, I've wasted nine months in pursuit of darkness, but no more.

So that's it. I quit. Have a nice life.
Categories: Personal

7 Comments:

Blogger dufflehead said...

wtf?

mr grimm is folding?

surely this is just more sarcasm?!

3:25 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger LotharBot said...

In the strangest of coincidences, I was just reading mere minutes ago a discussion where it was argued that Christians should not use sarcasm because it's "intended to ridicule" and ridicule is bad.

I responded that ridiculing a person is bad, but ridiculing ideas is not. And, Mr. Skor, your idea about leaving is so bad that it deserves excessive ridicule. It's a poopy idea, and it's McStupid too. Only a stupid-head would... er, wait, that's crossing the line into ridiculing a person. What I meant to say was, um, uh, hey I think I hear my mother calling...

5:19 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Zee Marketspice Meister said...

I think Skor is getting a little bit too joyful... Knock it off!

11:18 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger P Scott Cummins said...

If you quit, then I will too.

Hmmph!

We've got to settle this:

Rock-Paper-Scissors?

Or Thumb War?

3:12 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger ninjanun said...

Sarcasm on Golgotha

Oh, and some people actually didn't keep reading after you used their private e-mail correspondance as fodder for your blog. I guess some people are just weird like that.

9:33 AM, April 06, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

On sarcasm:

It came about at noon, that Elijah mocked them and said, "Call out with a loud voice, for he is a god; either he is occupied or gone aside, or is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and needs to be awakened."
1 Kings 18:27

On some people:

Rest assured of two important points: 1 - The entire post was meant in jest, in honor of the date it was posted. 2 - Any portions of the post which alluded to others are 100% guaranteed not to be intending to allude to Ninjanun. Any similarity to actual Ninjanuns is completely coincidental.

Honest.

10:05 AM, April 06, 2005  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Read one of my darker corners:
http://deathsjournal.blogspot.com/

and you may feel less alone in your love of the darker side of sarcasm and such.

Some people just never get it.

Ya know... when I get emails forwarded to me with puppies and fairies and mushy friendship poems, I don't complain. I know that some people like that and I say, "Let them enjoy it". But, when those people see what they don't like, they can't just walk away. Methinks some fairies flew away with their greymatter!

8:25 PM, June 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home