Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Why did it have to be the lilacs?

Is there anything sweeter than the lilac?  No.When I saw the "Notice of Proposed Land Use" sign in front of the undeveloped, wooded parcel next door, I thought "that's a little sad," but I was okay with it, because constant development is an inevitable aspect of living near a city. When the construction equipment finally moved in and cleared out the dozens of trees and bushes, I thought "that's a little sad," but I was still okay with it. Considering that it's not my land, I really don't have any choice but to be okay with it.

However, now that spring has rolled around, I have made a distressing discovery. They took the lilacs. The large lilac bush just on the edge of the property that sprung forth each spring with an unending—though short-lived—supply of wonderfully-scented blooms, resulting in much olfactory pleasure... they destroyed it. They just had to wipe out everything, right up to the very edge of the property. They couldn't just leave the lilacs be.

So now, rather than cutting my lilacs from the bountiful bush that was apparently just east of the property line, I will be forced to get my fix by stealing some lilacs from the nice old lady to the west. I hope you're happy with yourselves, lilac-killers.

In other news, Skor has been making far too many posts in the Personal section lately, causing this blog to start to look like some kind of life story. Who cares what's going on in Skor's life? We want to read amusing commentary about current events. So enough with the personal posts, already.
Categories: Personal

2 Comments:

Blogger ninjanun said...

I like your personal posts better. They are far more entertaining and less depressing, even tho' they may poke jest at yourself, or talk of depressing things. They have the tinge of poignancy that is not found in the other posts.

9:29 AM, April 06, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

ditto

8:18 PM, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home