Thursday, April 07, 2005

...without a pun...?

Driving down the road moments ago, I passed one of those scrolling-message readerboard signs. As I approached it, it displayed this message:
Few people travel the road to success without a pun...
The ... is where I drove past the sign, never to know the content of the remainder of the message*. However, where the line of sight drops off is where the imagination picks up. Here are some of my ideas for how that proverb may have ended:
  • ...without a punch in the face.
  • ...without a punctual wristwatch.
  • ...without a punishing winter.
  • ...without a pungent gaseous emmission.
  • ...without a pun from their father.
Personally I'm leaning toward that first one. I think it's really got a ring to it. So, do any of you out there in the vast Internet void have any other ideas? If so, please share them in the comments.

*Yes, I am fully aware that the great Google is capable of revealing the so-called correct ending. I don't care.
Categories: Personal

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

without a pundit
without a punchbowl wedding present
without a puny mustache

8:15 PM, April 10, 2005  
Blogger Steve said...

without a punk rock attitude

10:26 AM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home