Thursday, May 05, 2005

¡Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

¡Feliz Cinco De Mayo!¡Feliz Cinco De Mayo, everybody! Yes, that's right, it's the fifth of May again, the day to commemorate the Mexican's victory over the French on May 5, 1862. In honor of that achievement, we're having a party at my workplace today. I've been assigned to bring the sliced pepperoncini. Which I believe are of Greek origin ("Is come from Greece").

Now, none of the owners or managers of the company are Mexican. There may be a few Mexican employees, but it seems that really this is just being used as an excuse to party. Which of course I have no problem with, whatsoever.

In fact, I think we should have a party to celebrate every French military defeat. Of course, if life was just one big never-ending party, I suppose it would be hard to get anything done then, wouldn't it? Ah, who cares? Party on!
Categories: Culture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home