Friday, May 20, 2005

Toys & Age + the Coolest LEGO Stuff

Ages 4-99? Whatever.Speaking of age, have you ever really checked out the labels on some toys that are for sale out there? Like the LEGO set pictured here. See that part where it says "Age: 4-99"? What's the deal with that? That seems rather discriminatory to me. What if I still want to play with LEGO after I turn 100? I am darn well going to, that's what. I won't let The LEGO Group tell me what toys I can and can't play with. Phooey on them.

Speaking of LEGO... This next part isn't really meant to be funny, so much as amazingly cool. Check out all the insane-awesome stuff people have done with LEGO:Actually, there can be something funny about LEGO, like these sites where LEGO figures are used to "act out" different scenes:I'm sure there are more awesome/amazing/funny LEGO creations out there. If I come across any more really good ones, I'll add them to this post.
Categories: Personal, Culture

3 Comments:

Blogger LotharBot said...

Lego Harpsichord

2:25 PM, May 20, 2005  
Blogger countjrg said...

Absolutely fascinating!

3:35 PM, May 20, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

Yes, I have seen the LEGO Harpsichord, which was created by Mr. Henry Lim. I found his 14ft Stegosaurus to be more impressive though, and I was trying to limit the links to one creation per creator.

I didn't say it explicitly in the post, but most of the people whose works are featured in the above links also have a whole host of other amazing creations to their credit. Be sure to browse around their sites and check them all out!

11:54 AM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home