Friday, June 10, 2005

Seriously, who buys this stuff?

Wholesome Milk BathOkay, I can be down with a lot of funky things, and I understand that there's a lot of really wacky products out there that appeal to some people. But sometimes I see something that just causes me to stop and ask: What... the... heck? Case in point: Wholesome Milk Bath. Huh? Yes, cows just make me think "clean," how about you? Or maybe you've just always wondered what it felt like to be a bran flake. I don't know, I'm grasping at straws here, people.

As if the thought of bathing in milk, and the captivating photograph of the cow on the bottle weren't tempting enough, this marvelous product lures in consumers with the following tag-line:
Bathe in this luxurious milk bath to give you that "fresh from the farm" feeling!
Yes, it really says "that fresh from the farm feeling." Don't take my word for it, view the larger image. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't tend to associate farms with any kind of "fresh" feeling. Unless you're talking about fresh, steaming piles of—nevermind. I know I wouldn't want to feel that kind of fresh.

I wish I were making this up. It would probably be more funny that way.
Categories: Capitalism

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used 'milk bath' bubble bath before, but that brand you showed us is just weird!

12:23 PM, June 11, 2005  
Blogger Iguana said...

Well, speaking of steaming piles of .... I used some cow paddy facial mask treatment just this morning.

It cleaned my face right up while the aroma was about as fresh as comes.

The box says, "Put your face in a paddy for skin as soft as a teet."

5:06 PM, June 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home