Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sports: A Bold Prediction

Lance ArmstrongI tend not to follow much in the way of sports news, but there is one sportsman that I hold in particularly high esteem: Lance Armstrong. The man is built like a machine and has no equal in the world of cycling—but that's not why I admire him so. This man earns my great respect for one reason: He embarrasses the French. Having won the Tour de France six straight times, Lance has proven himself to be better at France's own great bicycle race than any Frenchman who ever lived.

As you probably know, the 2005 Tour de France is going on right now. Regarding that, I have a bold prediction to make. Lance Armstrong will win his seventh straight Tour de France this year. I know, I'm going out on quite a limb here, but I think I just may be onto something. In fact, check out what another racer had to say:
"It's not possible to beat him," second-placed Ivan Basso said on Monday as riders rested in Pau. "I have done all I can."
Okay, so maybe my prediction isn't all that bold after all. But at least it's still bold.

Here's to you, Lance Armstrong. May your legendary humiliation of the French live in infamy.

Source: Independent Online
Categories: News

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiddo said...

And all sane American sportsmen said, "Amen."

I'm not a regular sports fan either, but I sure hope Lance wins. Haha...I have friends who will get up at 5:30 in the morning to watch Tour de France live. Talk about obsession...

1:21 PM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home