Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wanna know what I heard?

"I heard..."Wow. Here I thought that when people "grow up" and "become adults" that they grow out of the "know what I heard?" stage. However, that is apparently not the case. Why do I say this? Because what's one of today's biggest top stories? President Bush is going to announce his nominee for the Supreme Court tonight—who will it be?

Yes that's right, throughout the day we have been inundated with "news" stories focusing on something that's going to happen, and circulating rumor and speculation about the details. What is this, the first grade? What good could it possibly do me or anyone else to know what "political analyst X" thinks the President is going to do? I just heard a "news" blurb on the radio about this, and the "reporter" used the word "perhaps" nearly a dozen times in once sentence! "Perhaps" this is getting out of hand.

Here's a thought. Why don't we just wait until it happens, and then report on it? Nah, it'd never work.

Source: Seattle Times
Categories: News

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

I love it that most of the liberal news agencies no longer know what news is. But then...I guess I'd have to include some conservative media groups in that statement too.

Sigh.

When did speculative journalism replace investigative reporting?

7:48 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home