Friday, August 19, 2005

FOF: Recurring Dream

Freak-Out Friday!

AHHHH!!!Did I ever tell you about the recurring dream I sometimes have where I walk into a house at night and none of the lights will turn on? I flip the switches in the room as I enter, but no lights come on. That's pretty much the whole dream.

So what does it mean? I've got a pretty good guess what Freud would say, and it involves either nudity or sex. I don't think I buy that guy's interpretations though. I think he was just obsessed with nudity and sex. Maybe my dream means that I should be an electrician. Or perhaps what I thought was a house was really the giant nostrils of a mega-sized platypus, and what I thought were light switches were actually nostril-hairs. Of course platypuses don't have electricity (they aren't that weird), so the nostril-hairs don't turn on lights, they just make the platypus want to sneeze. Maybe the dream means that I have a need to control things, but there are some things I just can't control and I have to learn to deal with it. Or maybe it has something to do with processed macaroni and cheese and a poison dart frog.

Who can know.

Categories: Personal

1 Comments:

Blogger DaButtminster said...

When I was researching lucid dreaming, one thing I learned is that you CAN'T change the light level in a dream. Not possible. That's one way you can tell if it's a dream, in fact.

1:02 PM, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home