Monday, August 22, 2005

Newsflash: Most Teenagers Superficial

...it was like, bleep bleep bleep...You should probably take a moment to let that headline soak in. Go ahead, it's okay. I'll wait.

As hard as it may be to believe, it really is true. I know, you're thinking: "It just can't be! Teenagers are so responsible and always think things through very thoroughly before acting and try their best to make mature decisions." But I tell you, it is true. There has apparently even been a survey to prove it. It's a good thing they took a survey, because I don't think I would have believed it otherwise.

But CNN reported it today, so I know that it has to be true. Plus, I saw it on the Internet, and we all know that everything we read on the Internet is true. Okay, so CNN didn't actually say "teenagers are superficial," but as intelligent human beings we have the ability to read between the lines—lines such as:
An on-line poll administered by the vehicle pricing company Kelley Blue Book, showed that drivers age 16 to 25 ranked stylish vehicles such as a Mustang or a Jeep Wrangler as their top vehicle choices...

"Young drivers, who often are very image-conscious, prefer the sporty 'cool cars'..."
Who could have possibly guessed that teenagers would prefer a "stylish" car like the Mustang to a "practical" car like the Corolla? Further, how could one have possibly foreseen that their parents would choose exactly the opposite cars? This is quite baffling. Truly this revelation will have a profound impact on society.

I am glad that CNN is spotlighting this important story on their front page.

Source: CNN/Money
image sourceCategories: News, Culture

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

9:32 PM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Wax Monkey said...

Mind boggling, simply mind boggling.

9:54 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home