Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Art Makes Normal Things Happen

Since you, my humble readers, are far more intelligent than the teeming masses, I know that your commute does not include driving across the 520 Evergreen Point Bridge over Lake Washington. Therefore, you may not have noticed the latest installment of art that floats nearby the bridge. I myself have not seen it, but rather have had my attention drawn to it by articles in today's King County Journal and Seattle P-I.

It seems that this is no ordinary art. According to the King County Journal, it has the special power to make absolutely normal things happen:
The attempt by John Sutton, Ben Beres and Zac Culler to "change the way people look at art" took a snarling turn, as gawkers brought rush-hour traffic to a crawl on State Route 520 Monday afternoon.
That's right, ladies and gentlemen: "The Island" causes rush-hour traffic across the bridge to slow to a crawl, just like it does every other day anyway. What an amazing power. I wonder what other marvelous everyday objects harness this dark force? Who is to say whether perhaps the duck flying above my building right now isn't the sole force keeping it from crumbling to the ground? Or perhaps the existence of the Smith Tower causes the Mariners and the Seahawks to win or perhaps lose the games they play. The possibilities are endless, but this post is not.
Mystical Art

Source: King County Journal
image sourceCategories: News, Local

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home