Thursday, September 08, 2005

Court Approves Lying By Politicians

two politiciansThis is quite possibly the best news I've heard all week:
A state law prohibiting political candidates from lying about their opponents is an unconstitutional violation of free speech and chills political discourse, a state appeals court ruled yesterday.
Now there's nothing stopping me from rising straight to the top of the political world. As long as it's legal to say whatever I want about my vile opponents, I would like to take this opportunity to present a list of facts about those who would oppose me:
  • They spit on babies.
  • They kick puppies and kittens.
  • They did drugs in college, and they still do drugs now.
  • Their military service is either non-existent or a complete farce.
  • They're a liar.
  • They disparage small-town America.
  • They disparage big city life.
  • They are a Communist.
  • They are a Nazi.
  • They hate freedom.
  • They hate America.
Now that you know these things, I am sure you will select the right candidate in the upcoming election.

Vote for Skor
He doesn't hate freedom!

Source: Seattle Times
image sourceCategories: News, Politics

5 Comments:

Blogger P Scott Cummins said...

Hey, did you hire an investigator to dig up all that stuff about me?

9:24 PM, September 08, 2005  
Anonymous Father Cory said...

*raises hand*

That was me.

9:30 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Jesta said...

I hate it when political discourse is chilled.

9:54 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

But Jesta, political discourse is supposed to be chilled. And garnished with thin slices of lemon. Only mediocre chefs serve their political discourse warm.

5:03 AM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Jesta said...

Blast, you're right.

7:21 AM, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home