Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm talking about voting.

Yea verily, primary election day is upon us in Washington State. Elections around here often tend not to be very rewarding to me. You see, I spend a goodly amount of time researching which candidates and issues are worthy of my support, and I even take time out of my day to head to the polls. Skor will have none of that sissy "absentee ballot" voting. Anyway, after putting my time and energy into using my vote in the way that I think is best for my community, I am often disappointed to find that very few of the candidates or issues that I supported have won the majority of votes.

Of course, this is to be expected when fighting for evil in a place like this. The way I see it, I have three choices:
  1. Just keep voting the way I think I should, hoping that people will come around to my way of seeing things (the right way) eventually.
  2. Take a more active role in making a change for the better, maybe even running for office myself one day.
  3. Whine about it on my blog and generally to anyone who will listen, eventually allow my frustrations to win me over, and just move away in disgust.
All three approaches certainly have their own unique appeal. I think I'll have to consult my power llama on this one. I'll get back to you later on this one. Well, probably only if I choose option C.
Categories: Personal, Politics

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I want to see Skor run for office, but I realize that this may be a forlorn hope. Alas! Where is Skor when Washington needs him?

8:31 PM, September 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home