Monday, September 05, 2005

Tough Choices At The Grocery Store

tough choicesI rode my bicycle to the grocery store yesterday, and as I was deciding which of the six flavors of Jones Soda to purchase, I overheard two ladies discussing which of the many varieties of Coca-Cola to buy. Now, this was not nearly as simple of a decision as I was fortunate enough to be faced with. No, this was a decision that required a good five minutes of discussion, explanation, and debate. I found myself so enthralled by their conversation that even after I made my choice, I just had to stick around to hear how it ended.

I wrote down this choice quote so you could get a feel for the thrilling nature of this discussion:
I wish they would come out with Coke Zero caffeine free. That I could get excited about.
Wow, can't you just feel the exhilaration? I know, it's amazing that some people have such exciting lives. I believe in the end they bought one Fridge Pack each of Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Classic and Coca-Cola Zero. Oh, and I went with Green Apple and Strawberry Lime.
image sourceCategories: Culture, Capitalism

7 Comments:

Anonymous Father Cory said...

Be still my quaking soul.

If Coca-Cola comes out with a Mega Caffiene Spicy Nacho-Cheese Apple Bosenberry Extract Cola, I might consider it.

5:04 PM, September 05, 2005  
Anonymous Elyse said...

Hey Skor! My name is Elyse. I know Cyd and Cory. So don't be disturbed. :) Just so you feel I'm not a stalker I will tell you a few things about myself (does that make me seem like a stalker?) I live in Gig harbor and... Cyd and I went to the same co-op. Cory used to go there until he MOVED... Punk. Well I thought I had to leave a comment. Because I saw you wanted the original Star trek series. I love Star Trek. My brother has all the series (new and old) excepting for Voyager. Which he hates. So I hope this did not disturb you very much. I did it with the best of intentions. No hard feelings, eh?

8:08 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

Heh, of course you didn't disturb me, Elyse. What are comments for if not for interesting random people to chime in with something fun to say?

I just wish the Star Trek DVDs weren't so darn expensive!

9:29 PM, September 05, 2005  
Anonymous Father Cory said...

If only we could say the same for you, Skor. :laugh:

10:51 PM, September 05, 2005  
Anonymous Elyse said...

Yeah they are expensive. But fortunetly I don't have to BUY them. My brother does that. He has a job anyway. He is rich, I am poor. Such is life. :P Have you seen Trekkies? Those crazy people. I like Star Trek. But I wouldn't dress up my cat like Dr. Mcoy(spelling?) or go out in Giggy dressed like a Klingon. It's just not my idea of fun! *laughs hard*

9:22 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

Ditto on the Original Star Trek DVDs. The only reason they're not in my DVD collection right now is the fact that I just can't bring myself to drop $100+ on one season.

10:31 AM, September 06, 2005  
Anonymous Soini said...

Skor, I know you're a fan of all things ebony roasted, how about a "Mocha Coca Cola"?

3:33 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home