Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Stupid Phrases People Say

kiwi-flavored revengeSome things people say are just plain stupid. Even Skor sometimes catch himself saying stupid things like the ones highlighted below, and that's just stupid.

"Needless to say..."
Good, then don't say it.

"Not to mention..."
Bzzt. You just did mention it.

"I hate to say it..."
...but not so much that I won't say it anyway.

"I don't have the time to..."
Try again. You have just as much time as everyone else. You just choose to spend it doing other things. So just say so.

Don't say stupid things. People saying stupid things make Skor cry himself to sleep. Or perhaps you want Skor to cry himself to sleep. If that's the case, then keep saying stupid things. Just know that eventually Skor will find you, and when he does, he will exact his terrible kiwi-flavored revenge upon you.
image sourceCategories: Culture

3 Comments:

Blogger Father Cory said...

Yes. Or how about the timeless sentence starter: "Don't look now, but..." As if nobody's going to look after that.

7:32 AM, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Jen said...

Or there are always those stupid redundant phrases such as “I’m going to make a tuna FISH sandwich”. I mean honestly, are there other things called tuna so that we have to specify that it is fish? We don’t say, “I’m going to eat salmon fish” or “I’m going to put anchovy fish on my pizza”. So why does Tuna get the privilege of being classified every time that it is mentioned? Here is another one . . . Koala Bear. I KNOW . . . Koala’s aren’t even in the bear family. They are marsupials people!

12:24 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

My favorite is "I have no idea...".

6:25 PM, November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home