Thursday, January 12, 2006

Save Our Bluths

I'd like to take a break from the usual philanthropic, selfless, and reflective nature of this blog to post about something that is purely selfish. So, that's what I'm going to do. Allow me to give you a little bit of background. In general, I find television to be a giant waste of time. Most shows out there are just plain stupid, and some go so far as to actually insult my intelligence (like the laugh track—what's the deal with that?). There are currently a grand total of three shows that I watch on TV:Three shows, that's it. "Malcolm" and "Arrested" are just plain funny, while Lost is intriguing and mysterious, and all three shows are delightfully unpredictable. There's just one problem. One of my three shows is likely to be cancelled after the current season. Fox television is this close (I'm holding my index finger and my thumb really close together) to calling it quits for Arrested Development, which brings me to the selfish nature of this post.

You see, I really like Arrested Development, and it would make me sad if it got cancelled after just three short seasons. So I'm making a serious plea here people: watch Arrested Development. Then tell all your friends to watch it, too. Then send letters to the executives at Fox telling them how much you love the show (because if you watch it, you'll love it). You can find contact info for these bigwigs as well as other helpful information on the Save Our Bluths website. Update: (Please note that this website is out of date, and most of the news on it refers to the successful campaign to get Arrested Development renewed for a third—its current—season. This means you, DaButtminster. The Fox contact info and advice for helping assure Arrested's continued survival is still relevant though.)

Arrested Development currently airs on Fox and is shown on Monday nights at 8:00 PM. Well, some Monday nights anyway. Considering that the current season is only going to be thirteen episodes long, it's not unusual to tune in to Fox at the scheduled time only to find something that is not an offbeat comedy about a dysfunctional upper-class family in LA. But now I'm just rambling.

Seriously though, watch Arrested Development. Trust me, it's better than whatever junk you're couch potatoing to now. Watch it and you'll thank me later. Unless you're just rude, in which case you'll just claim to have discovered one of TV's best two comedy shows all on your own. Jerk.
image sourceCategories: Culture, Humor

5 Comments:

Blogger DaButtminster said...

I am happy to announce that due ENTIRELY to Skor's efforts, arrested development has been renewed for a 3rd season. Get details here:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050516fox03

Read between the lines, and you can almost hear them begging for the rabid Skor-fans to stop pestering them.

Once again, Skor wins.

11:04 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

Incidentally, the current season is the third season. What's at stake is whether they'll be renewed for a fourth season.

11:05 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger DaButtminster said...

Here's a clickable link to the URL above

11:05 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger DaButtminster said...

Guess I was confused by the "Latest News" on the saveourbluths website, which seemed to indicate the renewal was a very recent development.

11:10 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Skor Grimm said...

There, I updated the post just for you, DaButtminster.

11:15 AM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home