Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Update: Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix

Good news everyone!

As you may recall, I have been having a rather difficult time locating a copy of Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix for my GameCube for anything remotely resembling retail price. Well, thanks to our benevolent Mario Masters at Nintendo, my Dance Dance dreams are finally about to come true. I received the following in an email from Nintendo just hours ago:

Dance Mario, dance.Hello!

You had recently contacted us regarding not being able to find a copy of Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix for the Nintendo GameCube. We have some good news about the upcoming availability of this product. Please call us at 1-800-[censored] and we'll be able to tell you more. Once the messaging begins, you can press 0 to be immediately routed to one of our Consumer Service Representatives.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as it is being sent from an unmonitored mail box.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Consumer Service Department
When I called the number provided in the email, I was told by a service representative that new copies of sweet Dance Dance Mario Mix action would be re-arriving on store shelves in the USA sometime in mid-April. As if that weren't good enough news to my ears, he continued his tale and told me that 2,000 copies would be sent to Nintendo corporate headquarters (in Redmond). He went on to explain that I could reserve one of these copies for the regular retail price plus tax, and they will ship it to me (for free) in mid-March.

Well of course I leapt up off the couch, ran out into the pouring rain, jumped up and down and shouted for joy. Then I happily provided him with my payment information and address. And so it is that finally, in a little more than a month from now, I will be dancing my heart out with Mario.

I kiss you, Nintendo.

P.S. - I censored the number so that only people who really want to reserve a copy of DDR: Mario Mix will be calling Nintendo with their pleas. If you want to find out the number, there are ways.
Categories: Personal, Capitalism

6 Comments:

Blogger Zee Marketspice Meister said...

Happy GROUNDHOG DAY!!! ...and congrats on FINALLY getting a copy of the much longed for "Dance Dance Revolution."

5:17 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger DaButtminster said...

I simply must share this with someone who will understand:

Fiiiiiive Broooown Hickieeeees!

There. I feel better.

8:32 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Karmakin said...

Congrats! As someone who has a copy of DDR:MM (The last one available in my area as far as I know), it's a good game. Most of the problems with DDR:MM that the hardcore players mention actually make it a better game for most people.

Although just reading this has "Always Smiling" stuck in my head. I think I'll have to play that when I get home...

But honestly. I want DDR:Nintendo Mix with themes from other games, or even a DDR GC mix with a "best of" of the arcade/PS2 versions.

12:40 PM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Dan said...

I am looking forward to that game as well!

3:56 PM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Hung said...

Awesome! I've been waiting to get my hands on Mario Mix for a while now. It seems like lots of Nintendo games have been sold out now (I'm talking about DS games). I guess it's part of their low overhead high profit strategy.

11:44 PM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It worked! Thanks! My daughter will be very happy when she gets this for her birthday; we tried to get her one at Christmas, but they were gone by the time we went shopping.

5:06 PM, February 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home