Monday, March 06, 2006

Certain Shiny Surpluses

One of my coworkers was looking for pity this morning, but only succeeded in proving that he has a pitiful surplus of both time and money:
"I had to go to like, four Apple stores to find it, because nobody had gotten their shipment yet."
He was referring to the Apple iPod Hi-Fi, a $350 sound-making brick for plugging one's $200-$500 iPod into. For a mere $850 and (like) four Apple store visits, my coworker was able to satisfy his craving for image-enhancing consumer electronics.

I think Apple could make even easier money if they set up a program where you could just send them money and they mail you a shiny white "certificate of spending." I'm fairly confident that a lot of people would pay for that, if it was shiny enough.
Categories: Personal, Internet

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cydney said...

They've got those suckers over at Costco for pretty cheap. What a doof. I didn't even know there was such thing as an Apple Store.

10:51 AM, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home