Wednesday, July 26, 2006

C is for Cookie (and Capitalism)

Zoips! Has it really been a week already since I last posted? I guess time flies when you're battling 17-foot-tall cyborg armadillos for great justice. It's not that I don't have good post ideas, really. It's just that duty calls, and all that jazz.

So anyway, where was I? Oh right, cookies. I like making cookies, and incidentally, other people like eating the cookies that I make. Probably a good idea would be to start a business where I make cookies, and then people pay me so they can eat them. That would be pretty sweet, don't you think (pun totally intended)? I could spend all day baking cookies, probably even eating one now and then, and then people would just hand over their hard-earned money!

Of course, I would have to figure out a place to sell the cookies. I could sell them over the internet, but it would be a little hard to give out enticing free samples that way. Plus, who wants to pay for shipping? Yuck. So I guess the internet is out. I could get one of those stands in the mall... that would be cool. The smell of fresh-baked cookies would be irresistible. But then where would I bake the cookies? I don't think the mall-stands have ovens. Hmm. I guess I could rent out a little shop in some quaint downtown. I would hire a cute little girl to stand out front with the free samples. She would totally give the puppy-dog eyes to everyone that walked by, and they would have no choice but to come inside and buy some cookies (unless they were some kind of black-hearted monster... with beady yellow eyes and unkempt hair). Dangit though, I bet renting a little shop in a quaint downtown is expensive. Probably all my cookie sales through 2 in the afternoon would be sucked up by rent. Then of course there's the little girl's salary, and the electric bill, and the dancing iguanas—those aren't cheap.

Selling cookies is hard.
Categories: Capitalism

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

This posting gets really boring after reading it 5 times. Skor needs to post something new.

1:31 PM, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home