Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Office Supply Fairy

I got a visit from the office supply fairy last night. When I left work yesterday, my desk was clear and tidy, and when I came in this morning, there was a bag of office supplies laying neatly upon my desk calendar. Here's an inventory of what the office supply fairy brought me:
  • blue clickly ball-point pen
    by "liquid" I mean those ones where you can see the liquid ink sloshing around inside
  • blue liquid fine-tip ball-point pen
  • red liquid fine-tip ball-point pen
  • green liquid fine-tip ball-point pen
  • purple liquid fine-tip ball-point pen
  • yellow liquid highlighter
  • orange liquid highlighter
  • mini screwdriver
  • pad of graph paper
Every one of these fine items is branded with the company logo. I don't really know why I need company-branded green and purple ink pens, and frankly, a mini screwdriver doesn't really seem to "fit in" with this particular supply bundle, but who am I to question the benevolence of the office supply fairy? He or she obviously knows what's best for the office. I mean, it's his or her job, right?

Now if only the winning lottery ticket fairy would find my desk...
Categories: Personal

4 Comments:

Anonymous Terret said...

At my new job we don't have an office supply fairy but instead an office supply closet on our floor. I feel like a kid in a candy store, there are pens of all shapes, sizes and colors, graph, lined and plain notebooks, CDRs, staplers, scissors, well you get the point.

Sadly, none of it with our company logo.

6:10 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger LotharBot said...

Of *course* you need a mini screwdriver.

You do know being caught without a screwdriver is an automatic 3-month probation on your nerd/engineer license, right?

9:20 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Dove said...

One day at work, the office supply fairy delivered coat-hooks to be hung from the cubicle walls. They were really spiffy (I needed one), but you needed a screwdriver to properly assemble them.

Would you believe, in a whole bay of engineers, only one had a screwdriver? (It wasn't me, either - I think I used a dime or something on mine.)

It was not a great moment for us as a team...

9:46 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Cydney said...

Come on, Skor...we miss your posts!

12:53 AM, October 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home